November 21, 2018
DIMECC Machine Learning Academy consists of 100 hours of training including diverse learning modules from ML algorithms to ethics, and from designing and managing artificial intelligence (AI) projects to implementing AI in the company business. The goal of the training is to increase the participants’ understanding of how to utilize AI and machine learning in their company. After the course, participants will have understanding of the fundamentals of machine learning, as well as the ability to recognize and manage development tasks that aim to benefit from machine learning.
The course is organized by DIMECC in co-operation with Futurice Ltd., which has a vast experience in offering training on AI and machine learning to various target groups from designers to board members.
DIMECC Machine Learning Academy in a Nutshell:
7 learning modules
Exercises and course project
Total effort 100 hours
|YOU WILL GET:|
|Basic understanding of the principles, methods, abilities and limitations of AI and ML, as well as the current status of related commercial platforms, tools, and implementations.
|Practical grounding in ML, its technologies, and business applications equipping you with the needed knowledge to drive further all related development activities in your company.
|Ability to specify, design, and lead activities aiming at applying ML methods, algorithms, and technologies in practice.
|An initial plan on when, where, and how you could deploy AI and/or ML methods and technologies in your businesses.
DIMECC Machine Learning Academy is aimed for professionals working in the industry.
Diverse curriculum takes comprehensive approach to machine learning. The course uses a combination of theory, discussion, practical exercises and examples of existing application and business cases to emphasize the application of the methods and concepts.
The course will cover the following topics:
Basics of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Understanding the basics of AI and ML, and their effects on business
- Understanding what machine learning really is
- Recognizing when to apply machine learning and what sort of tasks it is suited for.
- Learning how to apply linear and non-linear regression and classification.
- Understanding how to use supervised learning to solve business problems.
- Learning basics and most important practical concepts in neural networks.
- Understanding how to use neural networks to solve business problems.
- Learning how to apply clustering and dimensionality reduction.
- Understanding how to use unsupervised learning methods to solve business problems.
Machine Learning Projects
- Understanding the flow of a typical ML project.
- Understanding roles and communication needed in a machine learning projects.
- Learning how and why data must be pre-processed before applying ML methods.
Ethics and Legislation
- Understanding the role of ethics, regulation and transparency in practical ML applications.
Next course & enrollment
Next course will be organized in Spring 2019. The course will start in February 2019.
Please indicate your interest towards the course here.
Vice President, Co-creation,
+358 40 840 9259