January 20, 2022
Waterborne has been set up as an industry-oriented Technology Platform to establish a continuous dialogue between all waterborne stakeholders, such as classification societies, shipbuilders, shipowners, maritime equipment manufacturers, infrastructure and service providers, universities or research institutes, and with the EU Institutions, including Member States.
The strategic objectives of the WATERBORNE TP are:
- Establish a continuous dialogue between all stakeholders in the waterborne transport sector and in other waterborne-related sectors on R&D;
- Contribute to the widest possible consensus regarding R&D and to focusing of efforts and resources;
- Develop a common medium- and long-term R&D Vision and a Strategic Research Agenda (SRA);
- Contribute to the appropriate mobilisation and allocation of the necessary financial resources (private/regional/national/EU sources);
- Contribute to the social expectations regarding clean, competitive and safe waterborne transport as well as regarding other waterborne-related activities, including education and training.
For WATERBORNE to reach its goals, it is necessary to engage all relevant stakeholders of the European maritime industry, such as classification societies, manufacturers, research institutes, shipyards, shipowners, or universities, as well as the European Institutions and Member States. This approach should ensure that, whilst national policies will vary according to particular challenges, effective mechanisms are developed to enable adequate research coordination and cooperation between the relevant stakeholders at EU/EEA level.
DIMECC is member of this European partnership.
Link to Waterborne web page